I’ve been nominated! I picture my acceptance speech would go a little something like Jennifer Lawrence’s. That is, if it required me to look elegant in front of a large crowd. Lucky for me I can sit here in my bed, wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt, hair in what I like to call a bun (some people may choose to call it a rat’s nest…), and no make up. Oh, the beauty of the internet.
A thank you to http://chaosandclementines.wordpress.com for the nomination. I greatly appreciate being one of the lucky randos you selected. Who knows, maybe this will be the start of a great internet duo. The Bonnie and Clyde of the web.
The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers as a way to recognize them and to discover other new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post
8. Inform the blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
1. If you could live anywhere in the world for the rest of your life, where would it be?
- New Zealand, without question. It contains some of the most gorgeous scenery I have ever seen.
2. In your own opinion, what is your best quality and what is your worst?
- Best: My patience and willingness to understand.
- Worst: I’m way too sarcastic, it gets annoying after a while.
3. Who did you last say I love you to? Did you mean it?
- My dad. Absolutely.
4. What made you decide to start a blog?
- I went to visit my physical therapist the other day to catch up, and I was telling them how I was an english major but wasn’t completely sure what direction to go in. They recommended starting a blog. Let’s be honest, if you’re in liberal arts, you have to be dedicated and passionate or you won’t get very far.
5. Would you rather spend a night alone or out with your best friends? Why?
- Considering I’m extremely introverted, I’d probably pick staying at home. It’s not that I’m antisocial, but I’m not a big fan of crowds, or parties, or any place I have to socialize with people I don’t know. Not my strong suit. I’m pretty socially awkward. What’s better than spending the night watching netflix with my cat?
6. What fictional movie character would you marry in real life? Why?
- Wow, this is a tough one. I’m going to have to go with Landon Carter from A Walk to Remember. Weird choice, I realize. But I fell in love with him ever since I watched the tear jerking movie, so much that I decided I’m naming my first child Landon. He’s hard headed- bad ass, yet a flawless romantic; how much better can it get?
7. Is it better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all?
- Yes. It’s better to say “remember when?” than “I wonder what would have happened?” Memories create happiness, over-thinking kills us.
8. What would you rather be doing at this very moment?
- I’d trade anything in the world to spend one more day with my mom. The past 3 years without her have been torture. Right now, I’d rather be anywhere with her.
9. If you had the choice to be born in another time period, which would it be and why?
- Considering I was raised old fashioned, I’m going to take this one way back. I wanna go back to the old western era. I’m talking Little House on the Prairie, Cowboys Vs. Indians time period. I’ve always been intrigued by the Indian and Cowboy culture. What’s more fun than heating your house by fire and eating home grown crops?
10. What song reminds you most of your childhood?
- Space Cowboy-NSYNC There was just something about Justin Timberlake that stole my heart as a child…
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I have self diagnosed misophonia, I HATE when people chew/drink loud. It literally makes me angry. To the point I have to leave the room or I’ll lose it. It’s bad, just ask my old roommate…
My 11 Rando Facts:
- I have 2 large tattoos
- I love cats
- I play collegiate softball
- My favorite color is green
- I’ve been to over half of the states in the USA
- I’ve never traveled out of the country
- I used to own chickens
- I’m a waitress and sales associate
- I love alternative music
- I have a weird obsession with space
- I believe in the paranormal
Okay, now for my nominations:
Okay Nominees! Time to get down and dirty. Here’s your Q&A
1. What’s your go-to snack food?
2. Country or City? Why?
3. Who is your idol? Why?
4. Dogs or Cats?
5. Favorite childhood memory?
6. Do you put your ketchup on your fries or do you dip them on the side?
7. If you could go back to high school, would you?
8. Favorite social media site?
9. Do you watch/read/listen to the news? Why? Why not?
10. Why did you start a blog?
I’m looking forward to hearing your answers!